The Tsotsos Lab for Active and Attentive Vision at York University in Toronto is inviting applications for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Computational Vision.
This position is funded by a grant titled “Visual Perception and Reasoning: Integrating Cognitive Programs, Working Memory, Attention Control and Visual Processing” and the overall concept is sketched in https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.01260/full
Experience in one or more of the major topics of this paper is a requirement.
The successful candidate will be able to derive theoretical solutions to components that contribute to the above grant, implement prototype systems that demonstrate the theory, and work with an existing team to integrate and prove that code within a large system.
Superior system development experience (including GPU programming; MATLAB experience alone is insufficient) is required and should be evident in the candidate’s CV.
Salary is competitive and significantly higher than normal NIH, NSF or NSERC post-doc salaries.
Start date is January 1, 2019 or shortly after.
The position has an expected duration of 2 years, but may be extended by mutual consent.
Preferred qualifications include:
- PhD needs to be recent, finalized before start date
- preferred PhD discipline is Computer Science; a classical, broad, CS education is important
- strong publication record at top computer vision venues (e.g., CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, BMVC, ACCV, IJCV, IEEE PAMI, CVIU, IVC)
- experience with a variety of methodologies (machine learning is important but even more so is the full spectrum of traditional computer vision and AI methods)
- documented interests and experience in computational methods driven by knowledge of human vision
This is a basic research position, not connected to any application domain or industry, so evidence of basic (non-application) research accomplishment is important.
If this interests you, please send a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the names of three referees, and a short (less than a page) statement of why you fulfill the above requirements.